The Typhoon 9400 (GE Healthcare) is a fluorescence scanner with the following applications:
- scanning of gels stained with Coomassie blue or SYBR Green,
- analysis of experiments involving radioactivity, thanks to its phosphor screens,
- fluorescence analysis (2D DIGE, multiplex Western blot).
The Typhoon is equipped with three lasers:
- blue: excitation at 488nm, absorption 520nm
- green: excitation at 532nm, absorption 580nm
- red: excitation at 633nm, absorption 670nm.
An image analysis software, Image Quant TL, is installed on the PC
Use is free of charge and open to all.